Monday, December 15, 2008

What I've been working on....

Here are a couple of projects I have been working on this week. Each year, I give my club members gifts for Christmas as a token of my appreciation that they stamp with me each month. I LOVE being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, and much of the reason is because I love learning new things and teaching those things to others so they can be creative. Stamping is such a HUGE part of who I am, and I can't imagine not doing it, but I also can't imagine not having anyone to share it with. So, this year I made them monogrammed stationary and an ornament. I also found some really nice sized monthly planners, but I am not finished with all of those yet. The boxes for the stationary were a real find. I picked them up at my local Goodwill and they are jewelry boxes. They were PERFECT for my stationary and they were a great price at 25 cents each. I just covered the box and added a belly band. Each box contains 6 cards (2 each of a different coordinating design) and 6 envelopes also with a monogram on it. I was able to use up all my loads of retired SU paper for the 8 stationary kits. I also just recently bought the JustRite Monogram kit and also the Damask monogram kit (which I used for this) and I really love them. I took a close up of the monogram on this set so you could really see how detailed the stamp is. The ornaments are also one of the items I made in mass quantity for my recent craft shows. I bought the frosted glass ornaments at Hobby Lobby and rubbed on the sentiments, then bought some floral picks with and took them apart and hot glued them around the top. I thought they were really cute. I forgot to photograph them before I gave them to the recipients, but some of my ornaments were decorated with faux peppermint candies and some were decorated with some glittery pink flowers and beads and I rubbed the word "Hope" on those for breast cancer awareness.

No comments: