Monday, December 8, 2008

Cans from the past...

Here are a couple of odds & ends projects I did recently for friends. One friend went on vacation with her family in October to Disney World and she surprised her kiddos with the Mickey & Minnie cans before they went. She put things they would need for the trip like autograph books for the characters, sunglasses, sunscreen, lip balm, "Mickey" ears, etc. in the can and then told them to keep momentos from the trip to put back into the can when they got home so they would always remember their trip. She asked me to make these for her and I thought they turned out pretty cute! The large Mickey & Minnie on the cans are actual "wallies" that are meant to go on the wall. I have the Disney font Cricut cartridge which I thought put the perfect "magic" touch on the personalization. The 3rd can was done for another friend whose sister in law is expecting this month. The nursery is decorated in pink and chocolate so I made the can to match the room. It's your regular old run of the mill memory can, but the DP from SEI is yummy so I thought I would use it for this project. I won't write a recipe for these projects because honestly, I can't remember everything I used since I finished them a few months ago. I am still recovering from my craft show on Saturday, which was VERY successful, but I will be posting some new projects soon. I just want to get in the habit of having regular posts so until I get some new things made, I will share some past projects with you. And be sure to check out my blog at the beginning of the year for sure for new posts each week with new challenges each week as well. Have a great day!

No comments: