Thursday, January 8, 2009

It's Cold - I'm Stampin!!!!

Happy Winter to everyone! I know it may not always be our choice to be surrounded by cold weather, but if we must, we might as well be happy right? Well, this week I have been working on projects using chipboard. I must say, my goal was to put a dent in my chipboard, but it ain't happenin! I mean, do I have some chipboard! {{{Sigh}}}. I would probably have to be locked in my stamp room for a year to use all of my chipboard and I would have to use it on every project for a month to put a dent in it. But, nevertheless, I have some cute projects to show you that I have made this week with some chipboard I had in my stash. I also have my FAVORITE project that I made with this weeks challenge chipboard that I am posting tomorrow. I made the card for a dear friend of mine and I sent it to her today, so I didn't want to post the photo of the card I made her until AFTER I am sure she's received it. Can't go giving her a ruin to her surprise now can I??? I "think" she follows my blog, so to be safe. I am waiting a day or two, but be sure to check back because it's by far my favorite of the chipboard projects I have made.
Okay, first card is my attempt at transitioning from Christmas to Valentines. I used some DP and some chipboard I got at the $1 spot at Target. Don't ya just love bargains like those? It also uses the new Love You Much stamp set by SU. It turned out better than I thought, when I started because it took some wriggling to get the layout like I liked, but it was cute enough in the end. Second card, uses ALL FALL DP and ALL FALL chipboard collection by Fancy Pants Designs. The library card stamp is one that I recently ordered from Clear Dollar Stamps. WARNING: If you visit their website, you WILL be tempted to order (http://www.cleardollarstamps.com/). Their stamps are so stinkin' cute and oh so inexpensive, dare I say CHEAP. Not in quality, just in price. I also used that set and the same DP and chipboard collection on my second card. Though I have to say I like the card with the single apple with the quote and the parenthesis best of the two using the same stuff. And, that's twill ribbon you see on both cards. Not a lot of stamping, but you know the goal is to use that chipboard I have tons of, right?
Don't forget, check back in a day or so for the FABULOUS card post of the one I sent my friend. I hope she likes it, even though I already know what she's gonna say. LOL Also, which I didn't realize until tonight, the challenge this week included wooden shapes. I don't have many of those that fit cards, but I do have some that are home decor type items I can work on. So maybe I will post those if I get a chance to tackle them before this challenge week is over. Have a great day! Hope to see you back here soon!

No comments: