Friday, January 9, 2009

Gorgeous Chipboard

Here's the card I was referring to yesterday. My friend finally got her card today and I am so glad she loved it. It is so much more fun and rewarding when making projects with a specific person in mind. I just love it! Anyway, here's my favorite chipboard project from this week. I started with a basic black base and used DP from Basic Grey's (my favorite DP designer!) Ambrosia collection, which is also my current favorite collection. I then matted a piece of champagne shimmer paper (picked up from target...part of their "fresh" collection) onto another piece of basic black. The large chipboard piece is also Basic Grey Ambrosia chipboard and I used an Inkadinkado stamp I picked up at Big lots for the sentiment. I stamped that in Staz On directly in the center of the chipboard. It's hard to see but I used Orange Peel stickles around the perimeter of the sentiment and I also dotted some Black Diamond stickles on where you see the 3 little black dots together. I took 2 pictures to get a good angle to see the shine, but not sure if you can. The ribbon is some scrumptious ribbon I recently got from 7 Kids College Fund (http://www.7kidscollegefund.com/) . They have great deals on ribbons and such. I was actually at their site looking for tulle ribbon when I came across this gorgeous black on black swirl. I bought it in several colors. Anyway, the reason for this card is my 4 dearest friends and I were planning a weekend stamping retreat and one of my 4 friends was hesitating on going with us. I just wanted her to know we love her and would miss her if she didn't go, so I just sent her a card with all my current favorite stuff hoping she would FEEL THE LOVE!
So, hope you guys have a great weekend. I have a scrapbooking day planned for tomorrow and club on Sunday. See you soon!

No comments: