Friday, February 20, 2009

You Rock!

I know, I know, it's been a while since I've posted, but I've had a lot going on and it seems like I can't get time to do anything lately. I've also been frustrated by the fact that I don't seem to know how to do all the fun stuff I see on other blog pages. I've emailed a few bloggers of ones that I've followed (and communicate with on a regular basis) about how they do things or if they can point me to the right direction, but I never get a reply. So, being left to figure out how to do things has left me unmotivated to blog. Sorry!!! I will try and get my mojo for that back because I really do want to do it and make it something. For example, when I upload photos, I can't rearrange them on my page, I can't change my page layout, I can't create my own fancy banner at the top, I don't know how to say the word "here" and have it link to a website, I don't know how to do the things that make blogging fun. So, right now it's more work than fun and I haven't been motivated to take time out of my already busy day to do more work, ya know? So maybe one of these days, I'll get a reply from or run into someone who can help me figure it all out.
But, nevertheless, I do have a fun and funky card that I recently made for my stepsister's birthday. She turned 14 on Tuesday and I wanted a card that suited a teenager. It was fun for me to make because I never do anything teen related, though it will just be a blink of an eye and my twins will be tweens and then teens! So, I better get used to it, huh? ****Here's a little tip I've learned....IF YOU DOUBLE CLICK THE PHOTO IN MY POST, IT WILL SHOW UP EVEN LARGER ON YOUR SCREEN SO YOU CAN GET A BETTER LOOK-TRY IT!
I used one of the Hannah Montana stamp sets I found a while back at Wal-Mart, and a fun "YOU ROCK" paper pack I picked up at Michael's by Autum leaves. All the paper in this card came from the paper pack, including the "You Rock" border at the bottom and the "You Rock" tag. Included in the paper pack was punch outs and die cuts so I used what they had, why not? I stamped the guitar from the HM set in Basic Gray (SU) and used my Pink Passion marker to outline it. Then, I used my Pink Passion classic ink pad and a blender pen to fill in the color of the guitar and then used a flourish from Paper Studio and did some masking for the More Mustard flourish behind the guitar. I used Hot Pink stickles on the guitar and I also have some Ranger Stickles in Scattered Straw (Tim Holz Distressed Collection) for the Mustard colored "buttons" on the paper. Those are in the pattern of the paper, but I wanted to accent them with the stickles, though the Tim Holz stickles aren't as sparkly as the main stickles line, it may be hard to see in the photo. I sponged the sides of the "You Rock" strip and the tag, as well as the sides of the guitar piece. I used hot pink rhinestones and some funky fibers I had in my stash that I thought went perfectly with the card. Inside, the card says "Birthday Wishes". This turned out to be one of my favorites, and though the color combo is an unlikely pair, I love the finished look of how the colors come together for a fun and funky look.
Thanks for stopping by and hopefully later this weekend/early next week, I will have by stamp room all put together and clean (I am doing some rearranging) and can get to stamping so I can share more with you. Take care and have a great weekend! Melissa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I bet she loved the card. Very pretty and I am guessing perfect for her age! BTW, have you seen that there is a "blog" forum on splitcoast? I have never been into it, but I just noticed it this weekend, maybe you can find some blog help there?